Company Overview: Diversified Technical Services, Inc. (DTSI) is a small-business corporation headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. Since 1980, DTSI has been delivering exceptional Information Technology and Telecommunication solutions and services for government and commercial customers.
This position is responsible for providing tools administration for a medium enterprise-wide, multi-site server environments and requires excellent communication skills and work flexible schedules to support mission requirements. The SAN Administrator will work with the DTSI and Air Force System Administrators, Operations team, and Engineering team to assist in the optimizing, planning, analysis, and implementation and sustaining of vendor SAN solution. This position will support a growing multi-tenant SAN environment. The SAN storage administrator position supports a multi-vendor SAN infrastructure CISCO network fabric switches. Our team supports provisioning, project work (design), solutioning and performance/capacity management. .Linux-based tools/applications and their associated host servers and storage. The SAN Storage Administrator will support the delivery of new capabilities and projects; effectively troubleshoot issues towards a resolution; assist with providing the health monitoring of the tools/application processes/services; assists with creating and maintaining system documentation and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully coordinate with other DTSI and Air Force teams on SAN projects and operations support
- Communicate effectively to assist in the day to day tasks of the other team members and collaborates with the other DTSI and Air Force leads and Managers
- Ensure tools and applications assigned are compliant with DoD security policies, STIGs, IAVAs, etc.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis with other team members.
- Provide troubleshooting and incident resolution for Tier 2 problems.
- Responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of SAN systems software and related infrastructure.
- Focus on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Provide ongoing management of SAN infrastructure
- Lead improvements based on technology, best practices, or changing requirements.
- Perform necessary virtual infrastructure maintenance in accordance with EMC and customer's change management policies.
- Customize and deploys applications to Windows systems in a production environment.
- Provide analysis of environment and best practice knowledge transfer.
- Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization and increased utilization of virtual infrastructure investment.
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices, as applicable, for improving the environment.
- Provide knowledge transfer to customer staff to increase understanding and knowledge of SAN technologies including optimal use of SAN functionality
- 3-5 years of experience; Installing, configuring, implementing, monitoring, and supporting SAN products
- Must have current DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 Certification (Security+ CE or higher)
- Must have current and active Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- 3-5 years of experience with systems administration engineering, operations, support and maintenance to ensure continual operation.
- Knowledge of SAN technologies.
- Application integration troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose system problems.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide alternative solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to document the environment and maintain updates to the baseline documentation.
- Experienced with Dell/EMC SAN Storage Administration
- Experienced with Dell Openmanage Server Administrator
- Experienced with Veritas Backup Exec
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
Reporting: The successful candidate will report directly to DTSI's Task Lead.
Affirmative Action: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant's eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance. For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.dtsi.com