Company Overview: Diversified Technical Services, Inc. (DTSI) is a highly successful privately held small business with over 35 years of experience providing outstanding Information Technology Services to federal and commercial customers domestically and abroad. Consider joining our highly skilled team of professionals who collectively form our company’s greatest assets. We are proud of our employees and the innovative and successful solutions they have been providing to a variety of customers operating numerous domains throughout the world.
Position Overview: We are seeking for an IT Hardware Technician in San Antonio, TX. This position is responsible for providing tools administration for a medium enterprise-wide, multi-site server environments and requires excellent communication skills and work flexible schedules to support mission requirements. The IT Hardware Technician will work with the DTSI and Air Force System Administrators, Operations team, and Engineering team to assist in the planning, analysis, and implementation and sustaining of desktop tools/applications and their associated host servers and storage. The IT Hardware Technician will support the delivery of new capabilities and projects; effectively troubleshoot issues towards a resolution; assist with providing the health monitoring of the tools/application processes/services; assists with creating and maintaining system documentation and reporting.
Position Location: Port San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78226
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully coordinates with other DTSI and Air Force teams on desktop, server, and network projects and operations support
- Communicates, assist in the day to day tasks of the other team members and collaborates with the other DTSI and Air Force leads and Managers
- Ensures tools and applications assigned are compliant with DoD security policies, STIGs, IAVAs, etc.
- Provides on-call support on a rotational basis with other team members.
- Provides troubleshooting and incident resolution for Tier 2 problems.
- IT tools administration including desktops, servers, and networking equipment
- Installation, configuration, implementation, monitoring, and support of products
- Current DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 Certification (Security+ CE or higher)
- Responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract based installations.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
Education/ Experience: Associate’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with High School Diploma or GED
Experience Level: 2+ years’ experience with IT hardware systems
Security: This position requires a current DoD Top Secret with access to SCI. US Citizens Only
Authority/Accountability: The successful candidate will be part of a small working group team and report directly to a DTSI Task Leader.
Affirmative Action: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.
For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.dtsi.com