Company Overview: Diversified Technical Services, Inc. (DTSI) is a privately held, small business corporation headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. DTSI has been delivering Information Technology and Telecommunication solutions and services for over 35 years to government agencies.
DCPDS Description: Candidate will develop/maintain databases, user interfaces, code, etc. associated with the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS). The DCPDS system houses HR data associated with Defense Civilian Personnel. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, have an inquisitive attitude, and successfully solve problems. Candidate must have the ability to interact and work collaboratively with a diverse set of users (developers, testers, administrators, team leads, management, system users, etc.).
- Applies functional knowledge to the design and customization of SAP or Oracle client/server application to meet the company's requirements and system’s needs. Understands Human Resource (HR) content, processes, and procedures associated with implementing enterprise applications. Ability to capture functional requirements, design test strategies, and works with production issues. Works with developers to ensure requirements are being met. At higher levels, serves as subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with implementing enterprise applications.
- Apply business analyst knowledge to verify and validate upgrades and customizations of Oracle Enterprise Business Suite (EBS) meet the end-user requirements and system needs. Understands HR content, processes, and procedures associated with implementing enterprise functionality. Able to decompose HR functional requirements, design test strategies, and works with production issues. Works with developers and test automation teams to ensure requirements are being met. At higher levels, serves as subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with implementing enterprise applications. The analysts requires significant interaction with several teams to include Project Managers, Developers and Database Engineers and Test Analyst.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing functional requirements and/or performing business analysis with Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) applications (i.e. Oracle EBS)
- 3+ years with designing functional specification/user stories and test strategies and collaborating with technical resources (SW Engineers; System Engineers; Database and Test Analyst)
- Strong experience with Federal Human Resource (HR) Staffing and Processing Rules
- Validate that software meets established and reasonable performance guidelines
- Complete work assignments and perform appropriate follow up to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Participate in review of standards, procedures, tools, and process
- Communicate status and updates with other development associates and collaborate on resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good team player who shares knowledge and experience with team members
- Applicants selected must be a US Citizen and will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a position of public trust
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working under deadlines with minimal supervision
- Over 5+ yrs experience working with DCPDS or personnel systems (e.g. Oracle EBS or People Soft)
- Knowledge of Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting (DEERS); Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) and Common Access Card (CAC) programs
- Ability to create accurate and detailed test-cases
- Experience with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM); HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM); HP Service Manager
- Knowledge of SQL experience required to write queries for application database validation
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Public Trust Clearance
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
- 8 years of experience in place of Bachelor Degree
Authority/Accountability: The successful candidate will be a part of a small working group and will report directly to the project Task Leader.
Affirmative Action: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a position of public trust
For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.dtsi.com