Company Overview: Diversified Technical Services, Inc. (DTSI) is a highly successful privately held small business with over 35 years of experience providing outstanding Information Technology Services to federal and commercial customers domestically and abroad. Consider joining our highly skilled team of professionals who collectively form our company’s greatest assets. We are proud of our employees and the innovative and successful solutions they have been providing to a variety of customers operating numerous domains throughout the world.
DTSI currently has an opportunity for a skilled DR/Backup Systems Administrator.
The DR/Backup Systems Administrator will work with Air Force operational and sustainment leadership and functional teams to ensure that DR capabilities will meet the Recovery Time (RTO) and Recovery Point objectives (RPO) as defined by the Air Force. The program is meant to handle all aspects of a DR program, from ensuring backup and off-site strategies adequately protect the sensitive organization to implementation of leading edge capabilities such as data replication, cloud, and geo-redundant failover. This position is responsible for providing backup tools administration for a medium enterprise-wide, multi-site server environments and requires excellent communication skills and work flexible schedules to support mission requirements. The DR/Backup Systems Administrator will work with the DTSI and Air Force System Administrators, Operations team, and Engineering team to assist in the planning, analysis, and implementation and sustaining of backup recovery planning and operations. The DR/Backup Systems Administrator will support the delivery of new capabilities and projects; effectively troubleshoot issues towards a resolution; assist with providing the health monitoring of the tools/application processes/services; assists with creating and maintaining backup system documentation and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The implementation and maintenance/troubleshooting of large scale enterprise DR/Backup solution implementations.
- Successfully coordinates with other DTSI and Air Force teams on DR/Backup projects and operations support
- Communicates, assist in the day to day tasks of the other team members and collaborates with the other DTSI and Air Force leads and Managers
- Work with Air Force Leadership and other key stakeholders to develop and implement a comprehensive Disaster Recovery program for the Air Force’s 624th Operations Center.
- Maintain disaster recovery program strategy aligning services and portfolio components to the strategy
- Coordinate resources that will be required to maintain an operational enterprise-wide DR program, and plans for the restoration of mission-critical applications and operations
- Ensure that technology platforms have backup and off-site storage strategies in place to support program goals
- Integration of disaster recovery and mission continuity for efficient and effective recovery following an interruption in service caused by a prolonged system outage or declared disaster
- Collaborate with operations and acquisition teams to identify and plan mitigation efforts, mission continuity recovery strategies and necessary resources to execute continuity procedures. Ensure that resources, dependencies, risks and constraints are aggressively managed in a timely fashion.
- Collect and organize information about current systems to create an inventory of systems and application, with hardware, software, and network requirements, as well as inter-system dependencies clearly identified for DR purposes
- Identify, track prioritize and drive resolution of program level issues, leveraging lessons learned from prior experience with globally distributed IT systems and services
- Coordinate the implementation and reporting of recovery infrastructure and processes.
- Conduct DR operation review meetings with delivery and key stakeholders
- Ensure that IT support applications, where appropriate, have a fully documented, and executable DR plan that contains all of the required information, reflects current conditions from an IT infrastructure recovery standpoint, and is able to support the recovery objectives of the organization
- Coordinate and manage actual scenario-driven DR exercise as well as tabletop or simulated exercises with both Air Force and contractor staff
- Actively manage and coordinate testing schedules, objectives, exercises, and post mortem reviews.
- Manage scope, identify and track milestones and budget across program and projects to ensure completion of program/project goals
- Develop and provide direction and guidance to teams in developing appropriately structured and detailed program/project plans
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a DoD Top Secret with SCI Eligibility immediately upon hire
- Current DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 Certification (Security+ CE or higher)
- Experience developing a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to quantify and qualify potential impacts of events on the company and its operations to prepare Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) that meet business needs and contractual obligations
- Knowledge to build and mature a disaster recovery program and organizational framework based on an industry accepted capability maturity model
- Demonstrated ability to lead risk and threat assessments to identify inherent and acquired vulnerabilities that may negatively affect the company, its resources, or reputation
- Judgement and business acumen to recommend new or modifications to existing controls, mitigations, or management processes to lower risks and increase organizational resiliency against the most likely and highest impact events
- Ability to develop and drive DR strategy as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present to all levels of Information Technology leadership and staff
- Ability to recommend continuity and recovery strategies and complete a cost benefit analysis to compare the cost of implementing business continuity strategies against the value of the assets at risk
- Experience and crisis-test judgement to develop, implement, and exercise plans to provide for a coordinated, timely, and effective response to situations
- Knowledge and communication skills to document processes and procedure to advance the recovery time of sensitive processes by, with and through the plan manger, incident responders, and senior business leaders
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to establish and maintain an enterprise-wide awareness program and serve as a subject matter expert
- Working knowledge of networks and mass storage technology and capabilities
- Ability to establish and lead and exercise, testing, maintenance, and audit program to establish leadership confidence in a predictable and repeatable performance recovery activities throughout the organization
- Working knowledge of certification and accreditation processes in situations where IT DR plans have to be independently assessed and certified again enterprise-wide criteria and, in some cases, legal/regulatory obligations
- Problem analysis and resolutions; ability to analyze complex issues and translate into clear and concise reports to facilitate decisions required from senior management; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (credible, cooperative, and supportive); builds trust with relevant stakeholders, and other business leaders to support plan development, maintenance, testing, and executions
- Ability to identify and understand organizational risks and vulnerabilities and develop resilience strategies and response, restoration, and recovery plans to lower risk
- Experience with MS Project a plus
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- CISSP also plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 8 years of professional experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree
- Base salary between $80,000 - $90,000
- Also offering comprehensive benefits plan
- This position is bonus eligible
Affirmative Action: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.
For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.dtsi.com