Company Overview: Diversified Technical Services, Inc. (DTSI) is a small-business corporation headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. Since 1980, DTSI has been delivering exceptional Information Technology and Telecommunication solutions and services for government and commercial customers.
Position Overview: Oracle Application Administrator for the U.S. Air Force Military Personnel Data System, running in Oracle EBS R12.2.4. As part of the team of Oracle Application Administrators you'll be responsible for identifying, analyzing and resolving technical problems related to a highly customized Oracle EBS HR application consisting of 8 or more instances in development, testing and production environments; responsibilities include restoring failed services; finding workarounds to down user situations.
This position often requires working in highly stressful situations, with problems on more than one database at a time, requiring original thinking, solo work and teamwork. The position also requires strong inter-personal and communication skills, with the capability of working with both technical and non-technical customers dealing with Oracle applications and databases on UNIX/Linux environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data preparation, maintenance and clean-up.
- Server installation and migration support.
- Decommissioning of IT systems to include reminisce security support.
- Diagnosing and remediating server errors
- Assisting with systems benchmarking and tuning
- IT preventative maintenance
- Identifying impending hardware end-of-life (EOL) or support issues and researching suitable replacement alternatives
- Assisting with server maintenance, upgrades, and deployments during extended and/or deviated work hours
- Executing server installation checklist procedures
- Validating baseline configurations with technical oversight
- General technical research and communication with product manufacturers and distributors
- Soliciting cost estimates and materials lists for upgrades and replacement components.
- Attending meetings with staff to discuss logistical concerns and to develop schedules and timelines.
- Supporting unplanned emergency outages as required during extended and/or deviated work hours.
- Data Recovery of dead or failing systems.
- Soliciting and coordinating service support response from external service providers.
- Assisting with server and storage capacity planning for complex and critical systems.
- Recommending and implementing process and technique improvements.
- Identification and communication of system performance or compatibility concerns.
- Maintaining proper working knowledge of server installation methods and procedures.
- Implementation of DoD and industry best practices
- Fully documenting work processes & procedures
- Must be a US Citizen
- Current NACLC/T3/Secret Equivalent.
- DOD 8570 COMPTIA Security+
- Experience in Federal DoD environment
- Experience with R12 EBS HCM Modules.
- 3-5 years of Oracle Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to listen, understand and translate client requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict, and affect adequate solutions.
- Strategic planning skills, organizational skills, operating skills, and strong leadership.
- Must be knowledgeable in best practices and the use of IT methodologies
- Must be able to lead projects on varying scales, and work with technical teams on all levels and disciplines.
- Must understand business processes and have the ability to thoroughly understand the technology to address client’s requirements.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Authority/Accountability: The successful candidate will be a part of a small working group and will report directly to the project Task Leader.
Affirmative Action: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.
For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.dtsi.com