Company Overview: Diversified Technical Services, Inc. (DTSI) is a privately held, small business corporation headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. DTSI has been delivering Information Technology and Telecommunication solutions and services for over 35 years to government agencies.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for providing tools administration for a medium enterprise-wide, multi-site server environments and requires excellent communication skills and work flexible schedules to support mission requirements. The System Administrator will work with the DTSI and Air Force System Administrators, Operations team, and Engineering team to assist in the planning, analysis, and implementation and sustaining of security tools and applications (e.g. Splunk) and their associated host servers and storage. The Systems Administrator will support the delivery of new capabilities and projects; effectively troubleshoot issues towards a resolution; assist with providing the health monitoring of the tools/application processes/services; assists with creating and maintaining system documentation and reporting.
Department of Defense (DOD) Security Clearance: Must possess an active and current TS/SCI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully coordinates with other DTSI and Air Force teams on security-based projects and operations support
- Communicates, assist in the day to day tasks of the other team members and collaborates with the other DTSI and Air Force leads and Managers
- Ensures tools and applications assigned are compliant with DoD security policies, STIGs, IAVAs, etc.
- Provides on-call support on a rotational basis with other team members.
- Provides troubleshooting and incident resolution for Tier 2 problems.
- Administration and support of Linux applications and system
- Installation, configuration, implementation, monitoring, and support of security systems
- Current DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 Certification (Security+ CE or higher)
- Responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Systems Administration engineering, operations and support and maintenance to ensure continual operation.
- Responsible for the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) for the operational infrastructure to include regression testing and implementation.
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems which support infrastructure
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Contribute to and maintain security posture of the system in accordance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides, CTOs and IAVM policies.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources.
- Install and maintain security patches on the operational and development system, which includes but is not limited to, Red Hat Linux, Windows 2008, JBoss, VMWare, PostGreSQL, and Apache web services.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request as necessary.
- Provide Tier III and other support per request from various constituencies; investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures - coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with four years of professional experience; or two years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
Diversity and Inclusion: The successful candidate will be part of a small working group team and report directly to the Program Task Lead.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.
For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.dtsi.com