Company Overview: DTSI is a leader in the systems engineering and IT services industry. With nearly four decades of experience providing quality technical support services and solutions to a diverse customer base, DTSI applies time-tested skills, knowledge, and abilities in the management of its projects and contracts. DTSI also possesses a wide range of capabilities from software development to telecommunications and network support to legacy system migration and system modernization.
Position Description: Configuration Management Specialist will assist in the planning, execution, and evaluation of change plans to support the HRSTS Project for the US Air Force.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the review boards via meeting attendance and capturing meeting minutes including the Configuration Control Board
- Track Change Requests (CRs) and Discrepancy Reports (DRs) / Problem Reports (PRs)
- Ensures integrity of the baseline including major releases, minor releases, patches, and software maintenance
- Provides QA checks on system baselines
- Supports Licensing tasks and packaging and delivering of software to users
- Maintains the CM library and software repository.
- Managing and controlling product baselines
- Recommending and documenting comprehensive configuration management plans for software, hardware, firmware, and peripherals for IT systems
- Analyzing data and preparing plans and briefings in support of software-driven systems
- Performing studies and monitoring effectiveness of configuration management plans to identify potential and existing problems and make recommendations for resolution
- Auditing and reviewing IT system configurations
- Controlling the configuration of IT systems
- Identifying configuration items in IT systems
- Assessing product configuration quality against existing policies, standards, and procedures
- Releasing approved, compliant configurations for IT systems
- Recording and accounting for the status of configuration items
- Receiving, supporting, and distributing software
- Experience IT Configuration Management experience within the Department of Defense environment
- Experience performing HW and SW configuration audits
- Experience performing the technical administrative activities necessary to manage CM tools for inventory control, version control, data duplication, media labeling.
- Experience producing release notes and CM reports
- An in-depth understanding of the configuration change control process, the role of the Change Control Board, and change control documentation
- Experience performing baseline administrative activities for multiple environments
- Experience developing briefings for management
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle
- Ability to enter and manipulate data in a database
DoD Security Requirements:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have Active NACLC/T3/ Secret Equivalent
- Must have Sec+ IAW DOD 8570
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4+ Years of relevant professional experience
Inclusion and Diversity: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.
For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.dtsi.com